Thursday, April 20, 2006

Ref Desk

I have posted once before some time back about this incredible resource, "Ref Desk" A smorgasbord of information, quotes, newspaper links, magazines, games, you name it and it is there. Take a peek and bookmark it.
And don't hold it against RefDesk's owner that he is Matt Drudge's father. ;)


"On the Internet since 1995, refdesk indexes and reviews quality, credible, and timely reference resources that are free and family-friendly."

">Link http://www.refdesk.com/


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved the "Ref Desk" and have book marked it for later use.

I spent an enjoyable ten minutes looking up quotes and then found a link to Amazon and that was another five minutes.

Anonymous said...

Loved the "Ref Desk" and have book marked it for later use.

I spent an enjoyable ten minutes looking up quotes and then found a link to Amazon and that was another five minutes.

Chancy said...

Maria
Glad you are already putting RefDesk to good use. I should have put a warning on my post that you can spend hours on RefDesk before you come up for air.

Chancy

goldenlucyd said...

Chancy you naughty girl,
I went straight to RefDesk re your suggestion and promptly lost over an hour to Infocruising. Some of us (and we know who we are) are info junkies---just can't get enough.
What a great site! Thanks so much for the link. Now if I can only catch up on what I should have been doing....
love
lucyd

Chancy said...

Me too Lucy...I knew I could turn you on and feed your Info Habit with "RefDesk"

Tee Hee

Chancy

Anonymous said...

One reference I didn't know. Added it to my favourites. Thanks

Joy Des Jardins said...

It's in my favorites Chancy....thanks so much. I'm always looking for good sites of infomative material...this is a great one!

Suzz said...

Wow! This is some great ref to "Ref Desk." I not only bookmarked it, I'm passing it along right after I blow the next few hours looking up stuff. Thanks!

Chancy said...

Claude, Joy and Suzz...Glad you are enjoying REFDESK.
I like some of the foreign newspaper sites listed there. Did you notice it even lists Al Jazeera?(not that I put much stock in what they have to say).

Chancy

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my site... your welcome back anytime --though somedays i really don't have much to say -- lol

I like that ref desk link - how cool is that? i'm always looking for good resources. Tks!

Anonymous said...

Thanks from me, too, for the link to Ref. Desk. Am always on the lookout for good links. Cont. to enjoy your blog.