Begin by standing on a comfortable surface, where you have plenty of room at each side.
With a 5-lb. potato sack in each hand, extend your arms straight out from your sides, and hold them there as long as you can. Try to reach a full minute, then relax. Each day, you'll find that you can hold this position for just a bit longer.
After a couple of weeks, move up to 10-lb. potato sacks. Then go to 50-lb. potato sacks and eventually try to get to where you can lift a 100-lb. potato sack in each hand and hold your arms straight for more than a full minute.
Once you feel confident at that level, put a potato in each of the sacks
………………………………………………………………
Chancy >:0]--<
">Link
11 comments:
You had me for a minute Chancy...then, the end...THAT made sense.
Chancy dear,
Wonder Bread. That's the ticket. Builds strong bodies 12 ways...I suggest this to all my young friends so they don't waste time with marathons and the like. Thanks for the suggestion though. I may add it to my program.
xoxs
lucyd
Milt and Joy and Lucy.
Why don't we just combine Milt's suggestion and Lucy's and Joy's and we can start our own exercise group...BLOGERCISE
Chancy:
Quick copyright that one! It was greater than great...Blogercise!!
xos
lucyd
Thanks for a good laugh! For a minute, I thought you were out of your mind ;)
Oh, boy, I was about to ask you if you were crazy - and then I saw the end....LOL
I feel better already and reward myself after each exercise session with a nice piece of chocolate.
Being that I am close to being an elder and being that I need to strengthen my arms and shoulders I read your post with much anticipation. Your last line had me laughing out loud.. so I guess my abdominals did get a bit of a work out. :-)
Chancy,
Just stumbled on a hilarious English Elderblogger. I think you'd like him. I surely did.
http://hurlmere.blogspot.com/
Gee, that sounded good to begin with, the only thing that bothered me was, as a single person, what was I going to do with 10 pounds of potatoes.
Then the punch line!! You really had me going for a while.
Thanks for the laugh.
I've heard this several times, but never fail to laugh. I'm working up to my first potatoes. Thanks for visiting my site, Chancy. I'm enjoying yours.
Post a Comment