Friday, April 07, 2006

Happy Birthday Ronni

Serendipity ...( The faculty of making fortunate discoveries by accident. )


One fine day I packed a picnic lunch and set out on a ramble to search for blogs and articles on "Aging" . I wandered over to Google and quickly came across "Time Goes By", the blog on positive aging by Ronni Bennett. As I lingered there I came across a group of people, friends, comrades in arms gathered around a wise elder blogger. I pulled up a tree stump and sat down around the camp fire and felt the warmth of good fellowship as I read the diary entries and comments.

I lingered in the forest, absorbing the camaraderie, advice, issues, concerns, and just plain old fashioned horse sense. Soon I could no longer allow myself to simply lurk behind a tree on the periphery and read; I jumped in and commented occasionally.

From the central point in the woods of "Time Goes By" I followed the path that Ronni had pointed out in her links. This path has taken me to Japan, Scotland, France, England, the North, South, East and West of the US. I became acquainted with bloggers from all over the world. Still, I always come back to the incandescence of Ronni's "Time Goes By"
,.
Thank you Ronni for sharing your many talents with us all and leading us into the realm of positive aging.

Happy Birthday from
Chancy





















">Link

6 comments:

goldenlucyd said...

Now THAT'S a tribute!
lucyd

Chancy said...

Lucy. You sure know how to make a gal's day. thanks a bunch.

Chancy

Anonymous said...

GoldenLucy said it. I am humbled. I don't think I'm anywhere near wise yet (but I'm workin' on it {grin}). and if I'm making progress, it is directly related to all those people you mention in the community we share. What an excellent place the blogosphere is.

Thank you so much.

Anonymous said...

A well-deserved tribute!

kenju said...

That's very nice, Chancy, and it parallels my experience with Ronni!

Anonymous said...

I just recently came across Ronni's blog and it is a true treasure.