Johann Adam and his wife Catherine traveled up the Rhine river to Rotterdam and there boarded the Griffin, a ship bound for the New World.
Their two small children skipped and shouted as they walked up the gangplank.
“Shush”, said Mama, you be quiet or they will throw you in the water.”
After 4 long weeks at sea they arrived in South Carolina to start a new life in the New World.
And almost 270 years later, here I am.
8 comments:
Well, that is an interesting history, Chancy!!
In the 1600's my ancestor traveled from England to Connecticut and here I am in Arizona.
I think it's your birthday today. Have a very happy birthday.
thanks Cassie B --but my birthday is not until December 17 but I will take birthday wishes whenever I can get them :)
I haven't visited you for a while; glad I came again.
I've loved your last few posts, the little tale of your ancestors, the poem and the satire.
Hey, neat that you can come up with such specifics. I've never taken the time to try to research that far back. I do know on one side of family about our Revolutionary War participants and some European ancestors before that with hazy country of origins.
Well thanks Janet...for the "Cliffnotes" of your ancestry.
LOL Joy @ the "cliffnotes"
I have the whole 9 yards of the German branch of my ancestry but it is much to long and involved to go into.
I have some of the Scotch/Irish also going back to the late 1700s also in South Carolina originally.
Then they ended in in Georgia and here I am....:)
Post a Comment