Friday, July 03, 2009

Addendum

I will NOT need fireworks tomorrow on the fourth of July. All I need do is open the fridge and take out the gin and raisins concoction, take a hearty tablespoon full and stand back as the fireworks go off in my mouth. "Stars and Stripes Forever" resonates behind my eyeballs.

Potent is hardly the word for it. the longer the mixture sits, the heartier it gets.

OLE!!!!!

And Happy July 4 to y'all.

9 comments:

kenju said...

Well, now I know I have to try it!!

Tabor said...

So where did you discover this recipe? And is this the reason you have not blogged in so long?

Anonymous said...

I gotta try this. Not for arthritis; but for the inflamed gum that I now "enjoy", for which I believe the raisins would be good. Thanks!
Cop Car

Darlene said...

Whoo Hoo! What a Fourth of July you will be having! This is supposed to be good for Arthritis so enjoy!

Friko said...

Cheers! or if you like "Prost"
I've told the scraper about the mixture and he is all for trying it. He's never had a problem with trying alcoholic remedies.

Chancy said...

Kenju -Do try it
Tabor --could be

Cop car
This probably would cure anything or at least deaden it so you no longer care.

Darlene...I will have a happy fourth, fifth, sixth, and so on and on...:)if the raisins hold out...

Friko
My best to the scrapper.

cassie-b said...

tipsy raisins- cheers!

Anonymous said...

OK, Kenju, I tried a couple of the raisins after they had been in the gin for a week or so. I gotta admit that I'm not woman enough to eat those things. I'll stick to plain raisins and pawn the imbibing raisins off on Hunky Husband who grooves on alcohol. It was worth a shot! (Pun intended) Keep the suggestions coming. (We don't have enough slugs to worry about - and the ones that we have are tiny.
Cop Car

Anonymous said...

Obviously, I'm easily suggestible. I should have written "Chancy" where I wrote "Kenju" in my last comment. Obviously, with Kenju's comment next to the comment box, my mind went bananas.
CC