Saturday, June 02, 2007

STILL no rain

Can you believe it. Not a drop of rain has fallen around here since I do not remember when. We are in the city of Atlanta and the watering restrictions are fierce, but luckily we have a tiny yard with our townhouse. I do have impatiens and mondo and liriope that I must give a drink now and again.

We can only water one day on the weekend and that is from 12 midnight to 10 AM on Saturday. I have fudged a little since I do not get up early and I don't want to break my neck turning on the hose in the dark.

Oh Well... as they say.."it wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark"
You gotta have hope.

8 comments:

Travelin'Oma said...

We have been through a few droughts here in the desert, with severe water shortages in the summer. It's kind of a helpless feeling, realizing we're not in control of such a basic commodity. I'm sure that's why I love rain. It truly does come from above!

Anonymous said...

All the rain was over here in Paris, when it's the second rainless day.
The first week of tennis tournament at Roland Garros has been hectic! They could hardly play at all.
Sending some of it your way ;)

kenju said...

I could say the same thing, Chancy, up until last night when it started to sprinkle. This morning, it is a blessed, gentle drizzle, for which I am very thankful. We need about 8" of that drizzle!!

Anonymous said...

I think it wasn't raining there.. because we were getting all of the rain here. :-). Now the sun is out and I am hoping that the rain clouds headed off in your direction.

Anonymous said...

It had been the same here in Southwest Virginia Chancy. Not quite as severe because we've had no forest fires.

However, yesterday, glorious yesterday--we finally got a steady rainfall all the day long. See my little post on it. The title says all!

Please God, send rain down Chancy's way too...

Kay Dennison said...

Today was my day off & I wanted to get a lot done and if I could have sent you the rain we had all day that spoiled my day, Chancy, I would have!

Joy Des Jardins said...

I wish I could send you some of the rain we've been getting Chancy. We've had some great rip-roaring storms lately. I'll do a little rain dance next time one shows up and send it in your direction sweetie....good luck.

Maya's Granny said...

And yet another corner of the universe where we have been getting your rain as well as our own. Today is the third sunny day in a row and we are so delighted.