:(
Rats. not again !!!!
I have to get a new computer...Darn it...
It just up and died on me...Not my fault. I took good care of it. Watered it regularly. Dusted it and talked sweet to it.
But regardless of my caring it just conked out.
Now what shall I do?
My daughter and son in law say "GET AN APPLE...A MAC"
My son who is my IT go to guy says "Pros and cons for PC or MAC"
"Can you justify the added cost of the MAC ??"
"THE MAC is supposed to be virus free and therefore last longer trouble free."
(this is my 2ND or 3rd PC in 7 years)
WHAT DO YOU THINK
?
PS: I am using hubby's computer for now.Short term
10 comments:
Long ago I used a Mac at work; but our office changed all of our computers to PC's. At first I wasn't in love working on something other than a Mac...I guess I was just used to it; but then I learned most of the 'ins-and-outs' about PC's and I got use to that too. It's been so long that I can't even remember the things I liked about working on a Mac. I've heard you don't get viruses on a Mac...and that alone might be a good reason to get one Chancy. I'm always paranoid about getting another virus...I've had a couple, and they are such a pain. None of my family and friends have Macs...they all have PC's, so I don't know what advice I could give you. It' just another system to get used to... ~Joy
I have a Mac and love it. It's nearly 3 years old, and I've enjoyed it every day. Don wouldn't even look at my PC, but since I've changed over, he uses it daily.
Their training is wonderful -something that pc's don't usually offer.
But they do cost more. My next computer will be a Mac.
Funny you should ask. Mine died yesterday, and I got an HP today. It's awesome!
I really hate Macs. My son has one and my daughter and son-in-law have laptops, too. My son hates his and the other two like theirs.
Looks like it's a tie.
Mac from the beginning for us! No contest.
Thanks all for the input.
I am getting a Mac tomorrow. the deciding factor was the reliability. I am losing too much hair which I can't spare dealing with my PC's that keep on a craching.
Wish me luck.
Fingers Crossed xxxxxx
Good luck with the Mac. I tried to use my daughter's mac and couldn't make heads or tails out of it.
I got the Mac today. I like it but it will be a learning experience for me..
14 year old grandson says he will be my go to IT person.
Wish me luck
Will be interested in your MAC experience. My son talked of our getting one, but then opted for HP PCs for us last timepatr.
I read the reason MACs have fewer virus problems is simply because there are fewer MAC owners, so the virus creators don't spend as much time breaking into them -- not because they can't.
Whichever type you can get support for is probably the best one to have, so sounds like the MAC was the best choice for you.
Oh, drat - I am too late! Joared has about the same attitude that I have. Having used all sorts of computers, going back into the dark ages, I was going to give you a piece of "practical" advice: tell your son how much you wish to spend and let him tell you what to buy. If he is your IT guy, he won't lead you astray!
Cop Car
I'm too late, also. I have had Windows so long I was finally learning how to do many things on it. Then my daughter talked me into getting a Mac laptop. It is so different that it's just like beginning all over again as you, by now, know. My daughter loves her Mac desktop and wouldn't go back to HP for anything.
My desktop died also and I have been forced to using the Apple. I hate it, but know that if I take the time to learn how to do things
differently I will come to love it.
If you still don't like it you can always install windows in it.
Post a Comment