Thursday, October 29, 2009

Octogenarian

I just checked on Mort R's blog "Octogenarian" and learned of his terrible recent automobile accident. His wife Sybil posted this:

"To the loyal readers of Octogenarian
This is being written by Mort's wife...About 10 days ago Mort was severely injured while driving his car out of his garage.He's had two back surgeries and has not regained mobility in one of his legs.It will take months of rehab before he's back writing on his beloved blog.I wanted to thank everyone for all of their wonderful comments over the years.They have meant the world to him and you have brought much joy to his later years.My family and I look forward to the day when he can return to working on his blog again. Sybil

If you are one of Mort's readers please go to his blog and wish him well"

http://octogenarian.blogspot.com/

click on title of this post for link

4 comments:

kenju said...

Oh, that's terrible. I know of Mort, although I have not read his blog often. I hope he will be back soon.

Darlene said...

I knew of his accident and have posted on his blog. You are so thoughtful to inform others of his accident. I should have done so too.

Joy Des Jardins said...

Like Judy (Kenju) I know of Mort, but I never really have read his blog. I truly hope he has a speedy recovery and will be back blogging very soon. It certainly looks like he has a lot of loyal blogging friends behind him. This was a very nice and thoughtful post Janet.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear this and wish Mort a speedy recovery.