Sunday, February 03, 2008

Conversation.

I happened upon this quote by the Dalai Lama:

"Marry a man/woman you love to talk to. As you get older, his/her conversational skills will be as important as any other."

Sam and I have been married for 56 years and we still love to talk to each other. From the very beginning we have been able to enjoy each other's company and good conversation.


I always think it is so sad to see an older couple having dinner out and sitting in complete silence during the entire meal with nothing left to talk about.

We are blessed.

9 comments:

kenju said...

You are so right (and so was the Dalai Lama)!

Betty said...

Fifty-Six years! Wow. The most I could manage was Fourteen. And, we always talked. Go figure.

Joy Des Jardins said...

Yes you are blessed...56 years of blessings. What you and your husband have is the foundation of your great and enduring relationship Chancy....Congratulations to both of you for that.

Tabor said...

I so agree with you Chancy. My husband and I are quite the chatterboxes...although as we age he seems to be the more loquacious!

Ginnie said...

I'm convinced that a good marriage is one where you enjoy each other's conversation. Have you ever seen a couple in a restaurant who have nothing to say to each other? It always seems so sad to me.
CONGRATULATIONS to you both!

goldenlucyd said...

Oh Chancy, you child-bride. You are so right about the oldly- married folks that sup in silence. How depressing. And how lucky you are to have your soulmate!

Maria said...

You are indeed blessed. I wish you many more years of great discussions with your loving husband.

Anonymous said...

This is so good to hear! I see so many people in public places having lunch or dinner together in silence. I always wonder

Anonymous said...

I am very fortunate that my man loves to chat. Not only that.. but he makes me laugh. I am indeed a lucky girl. :-)