I hope all of you are enjoying some of this delightful springtime weather now that winter has finally retreated into it's dark den for good.
I trust I did not speak too soon as just about 10 days ago we were surprised with barely 25 degree nights and some sleet during the day which is unheard of in Atlanta in April. Now, however, it is sunny and calm with a temperature of about 75 balmy degrees.
The pink azaleas in front of my town house have finished blooming and the pansy bed which bloomed all winter has been replaced with multi-colored pink and white impatiens. I don't have quite enough shade for impatiens but I love them so I cross my fingers and do a lot of watering when the hot, hot days of summer arrive.
What's going on weather wise in your little corner of the world?
10 comments:
sunny, breezy, 80s, chilly nights here in Arizona!
Roger
Yesterday and today were delightful, Chancy. It got up to about 78*; the sun was bright and the sky blue. It made our delivers of wedding flowers a delight today.
Great weather in Normandy at the moment. Sunny with a light breeze.
Beautiful sunny 70's here in Illinois Chancy....finally. I think we're all a little hesitant to believe Spring might really be here to stay with all the yo-yo-like weather up until now....but, I'm just going to be a believer....YEA!
Sunny, 65*s and beautiful flowers in the west.
Spring has finally arrived in Southern Manitoba and it is glorious. Although our temperatures are not quite as balmy as yours it is such a thrill to once more enjoy being outdoors. Green sprouts are starting to make their appearance in my garden and that is truly exciting.
I went to Vermont for the weekend. I wore shorts and went kayaking. Yay!
Today in the high 70's - Weather man says tomorrow in the 80's and then a cold snap is expected! That's Massachusetts for you.
Do you remember when we had SPRING and wore what they called "springcoats?"
Ah Yes Millie I remember Spring :) and spring coats. sometimes they matched the outfit and sometimes they just complimented it.
I had not thought of that in years. Thanks for reminding me.
Chancy
Isn't it amazing how different people's definition of lovely weather is? If it got up to 75 here, I'd die of heat stroke. Here in Alaska it was sunny and low 50s for over a week, and now we have rain and still in the low 50s. My idea of perfect weather.
Post a Comment