----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Either my hearing is becoming keener with age or the world is getting louder. I could stand to acquire a little deafness these days"(from the blog (Timegoesby)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My hearing is NOT what it used to be but I remarked recently:
"What I think I hear is often more interesting than what is actually said"
For instance, today at lunch with two friends in a noisy restaurant,I understood one to say
"Last night I sat her dinner down in front of her and she only ate 4 asparagus"
I replied
" Won't that make her sick?"
Thinking that the "her" was the friend's West Highland White Terrier Dog who had JUST been the topic of conversation
Friend two replied
" No. She always eats that way. She wants to stay a size two forever"
We all had a good laugh as they explained they were talking about Edith, another acquaintance, and not the puppy.
No comments:
Post a Comment