Thursday, March 22, 2007

BLOG QUILT

I visited Joy's blog "Joy of Six" and had a real funny senior moment when I read the title of her recent post "BLOG GUILT" that I want to share with you.

My comment on "Joy Of six"



"Talk about tired and stressed, when I clicked on your site just then and read the title of this entry(without my glasses on)...I read "BLOG QUILT" and I thought, Oh my what a neat idea, Joy has an idea for a "QUILT" that will weave many blog sites together into one beautiful whole...into a "BLOG QUILT"

Perhaps I am in the last stages of some rare blog disease or maybe my misreading the title of your post was because I just finished an interesting book"The Art Of Mending" by Elizabeth Berg. The main character in the story is Laura who is an accomplished quilter.

Anyway...do NOT feel blog guilt..instead just wrap yourself in this beautiful imaginary BLOG QUILT and go enjoy your family."


Click on the above title and go read Joy's post about "BLOG GUILT"












>

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blogs are quilts of sorts, aren't they? All those pieces stitched together. I think it's a great image, in fact.

Chancy said...

Yes Claude, you are so right.

And if we had a "blog quilt" among us
I can picture your square shining with brocades and tapestry in gold and reds reminiscent of the beauty you share with us via your photos.

Joy Des Jardins said...

Chancy, you are a gem. I still laugh when I think of what you said. But you know, it made a lot of sense; and I told you in my e-mail that I can see a good idea coming out of your "senior moment."

Thank you for the very nice mention Chancy....have a great weekend.

jenclair said...

I think it is a great idea. Using headers would be one way to go about it!

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Betty said...

Chancy, I think you and I had the same senior moment. I read it as "quilt", at first, too. Oops!

Anonymous said...

Oh Chancy.. this is so funny. And so sweet. :-)

Anonymous said...

I love Joy's writing and I remember the blog guilt post. I too, find myself reading my own interpertation of words on occasion. Actually, they can be quite funny!

I loved the Art of Mending and have recommended it for the next read at our book club.